Fast, Adaptable, Secure and Simple with Citrix Cloud
Complex IT environments are a commonplace for today's IT departments and place high demands on opportunities as well as development. One of the simplifications for today's IT departments is Citrix Cloud, which can take your company directly into the modern workplace in a fast, adaptable, secure and simple way.
For the initiator you know that there are many different types of cloud services. Basically, it is about which IT resources you have access to and the two most common types are called IaaS and SaaS. With IaaS, you have access to infrastructure (servers and data capacity) and with SaaS you get software (such as Office 365).
Citrix Cloud is an amazing platform connected to IaaS where you manage, administrate commission your Citrix services, which then will become a SaaS service for your users. Through the Citrix Cloud Connector you connect your own resources no matter what cloud service or infrastructure you have already chosen (on-premise, public clouds, private clouds or hybrid cloud services). Citrix Cloud allows you to create, manage and distribute workspaces with applications and data to users from a single console, allowing centralized management of XenApp/XenDesktop, XenMobile, ShareFile, and NetScaler Gateway.
Citrix Cloud is based on 4 core values:
- Fast – Deploy apps and desktops, or complete secure digital workspaces in hours, not weeks.
- Adaptable – Choose to deploy on any cloud or virtual infrastructure — or a hybrid of both.
- Secure – Keep all proprietary information for your apps, desktops and data under your control.
- Simple – Implement a fully-integrated Citrix portfolio via a single-management plane to simplify administration.
How it works
It’s very easy to get started with Citrix Cloud. If your organization already has an on-prem. solution, it can successfully be connected by installing the Citrix Cloud Connector. Installing this Connector means that we get into your on-premise environment in Citrix Cloud and we can manage your environment there – through one single console. If your organization already has some parts in the cloud such as Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services, you may want to connect it to Citrix Cloud. With the help of Citrix Cloud Connector, we connect your environment to Citrix Cloud and your organization can handle your entire environment from one single console – fast, adaptable, secure and simple.
Citrix Cloud provides a variety of services that are all managed from one single console, called the Citrix Workspace Services. With Citrix Workspace Services, you combine the benefits of application and desktop virtualization, mobility management, file sharing, and network services to deliver a secure digital workplace.
Services in Citrix Cloud
- XenApp and XenDesktop Service – Delivers a secure connection to virtual Windows, Linux, and applications and the desktop, regardless of which device you have chosen to work at, for the moment (you know, like Citrix always worked). Manage both applications and desktops centrally through a single console. This service is based on the Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop technology.
- XenMobile Service – This service provides comprehensive management of mobile devices and includes management of both devices and applications (MDM and MAM). This service is based on XenMobile technology.
- ShareFile Service – Provides secure access to files and data from any device. With ShareFile Service you can, among other things, sync and share data and, of course, edit it through, for example your Office 365 applications.
- NetScaler Gateway Service – This service gives your organization the safest way to deliver virtual applications and desktops. Ensure accessibility for XenApp and XenDesktop and gives your users the best experience regardless of device.
For monitoring all your services and environment in Citrix Cloud, Citrix has its own monitoring service called Smart Tools. With Citrix Smart Tools, XenApp/XenDesktop, XenMobile, and NetScaler are managed and continuously do health checks of your XenApp/XenDesktop sites.
Let Citrix Cloud be your organization’s way into the future way of a digital workplace. Do not hesitate to contact us at Infozone if you want to know more about Citrix Cloud and how we can help you.